Operations Project Manager - Electronics
Are you excited about the chance to play a pivotal role in one of Europe's fastest-growing scale-ups, where your contributions will be critical in achieving our ambitious growth targets?
Do you want to build a hub in defining our core technology for our future products?
Do you want to make a difference in managing consumer technology from one of the best workplaces in Norway?
reMarkable is a Norwegian company on a mission to help people think better through technology in a distracted world.
We have sold more than a million devices worldwide, we recently became Norway’s latest unicorn, and now have 450+ employees in Oslo. In what feels like no time, we've matured from a small startup to one of the fastest-growing companies in Europe.
With Exciting products and services in development, we need new colleagues. That’s where you come in.
About the role
As our Operations Project Manager - Electronics, you will have the opportunity to directly impact our future product portfolio, and enable further growth for reMarkable. The products you are part of developing will end up in the hands of potentially millions of customers worldwide.
So far, reMarkable has achieved unique results with its two first product generations, but we are not stopping there. We will launch more unique products, and our New Product Introduction (NPI) team is an instrumental part of the product development projects. We are therefore looking for a project manager for electrical or embedded development for global product introductions, that will function as the hub between our product development and operations teams.
As an Operations Project Manager at reMarkable, you will be responsible for projects from early concept stages, up until the launch of new products, as well as ensuring progression and risk reduction in our projects towards launch. This involves you taking ownership for manufacturing readiness, in particular for electrical components, and ensuring that the operations aspects (Quality, Manufacturing, Sourcing, Planning, Logistics, and Reverse Logistics) are managed and ready, and aligned with engineering and product management.
As an Operations Project Manager for electronics development you will be our central point of contact for suppliers and consultants within technology, and secure reMarkables future delivery of groundbreaking products through direct involvement with electrical engineers, embedded developers, our EMSes and technology suppliers, and our operations team. This role offers a unique opportunity to work globally, across subject domains related to electrical engineering and operations. Your days will be filled with exciting responsibilities and variation.
About the team
This role will report to the Head of Paper Tablet Development / NPI lead and will be part of the New Product Introduction team (where Operations Project Managers / NPI managers reside). We are 10 people that have various project management responsibilities across different product development projects, and work closely with Product Managers and Engineering leads. Some work on mechanical and assembly, others on concrete products, and now we’re looking for someone to manage the electrical engineering and embedded development aspects of operations in our product development projects
What will you do as Operations Project Manager:
- Lead operations and industrialization of electrical (and embedded) development of product projects from idea to mass production
- Ensure successful launches of products by meeting cost, quality, design, and availability objectives
- Ensure commercial and process management in projects towards global suppliers, in particular electronics and technology suppliers
- Secure manufacturability, testing, resiliency and responsivity across the the supply chain including upstream components, and downstream SMT lines and electronics assembly for new products
- Develop and implement leading practices for NPI projects in reMarkable, including processes, structures, frameworks, tools, ways of working, operating models etc.
Is this the right opportunity for you?
To thrive in this role and take part in building reMarkable, we are looking for people that are able to see the bigger picture, and that dares to challenge the status quo. You have the ability to break down complex problems transforming them into concrete solutions, but also to translate and convey this in a cross-functional and cross-cultural environment. You enjoy collaboration, creating relationships and trust in your role across the organization. In our team we move fast, give ownership, and thrive in a change culture. As a scale-up with rapid global growth, it is natural that our tasks and responsibilities continuously develop alongside this journey
We run global operations and our products are made internationally. Although we try to work smart digitally and we've succeeded with that, it is often more efficient to solve problems when being on-site with the supplier. Some travel in this role is a requirement, and willingness to travel up to 15% of the time is expected.
We find that to be successful in this role, you will need:
- You have a minimum of 5 years relevant experience with electrical engineering or embedded development and in addition experience from either product development/NPI, production, supply chain management and/or consultancy
- You have experience with international supply chains and consumer electronics, and in particular technology sourcing suppliers
- Experience with working towards Chinese or Asian suppliers is a plus
- When required, you are willing to travel globally
- You have a higher education with relevant fields