Lead Integration Developer
Want to help millions of people think better?
reMarkable is a Norwegian tech company on a mission to help people all over the world to find focus in a distracted world. We recently confirmed our status as Norway's latest unicorn, with more than 400 employees in Oslo and more than a million devices sold worldwide. In what feels like no time, we've gone from a small startup finding its way to being one of the fastest-growing companies in Europe.
Following the successful launch of the reMarkable 2, which was named one of TIME's top 100 inventions of 2020, our subscription service Connect in 2021, and the Type Folio in 2023, we've set ourselves exciting growth and product development goals for the coming years.
With a brand new campus opening in 2024, and exciting products and services in development, we need new colleagues. That's where you come in.
Are you ready to join the exciting growth of a truly unique tech brand?
About the role
reMarkable has an unique opportunity in establishing our integration architecture from scratch with very little legacy. Our new application portfolio consists of best-of-breed systems (e-commerce, product lifecycle management, supply and demand planning, enterprise resource planning, customer relationship management and more) that need to work seamlessly together. Our best-of-breed cloud-based system portofolio makes integrations a crucial capability for our success. We need to strengthen our team to help us seize this opportunity, making reMarkable a textbook example of state-of-the-art integration architecture. As a Lead Integration Developer you will be central in building the integration architecture both as a key technology platform, but also as an area of expertise within reMarkable. You will work with enabling CI/CD pipelines across our application landscape, designing integrations and developing APIs/integration services. We are looking for a profile with a wide technical understanding and interest that can help us utilize the correct technologies (GCP, Google Apigee X, SAP BTP, others) for any particular use case.
Main areas of responsibility are:
- Support the business with designing, developing, monitoring and maintaining reMarkables integrations with associated infrastructure in the cloud.
- Plan and execute migration strategies for APIs and integrations.
- Analyze and improve current integrations.
- Identify, debug, and advise on APIs and integration related system errors or architecture issues.
- Enable IT integration capabilities (such as API management and messaging), including tools required for CI/CD best practices.
- Work closely with scrum teams and developers to design and implement leading integration practice across projects.
Examples of other tasks are:
- Keep up to date on integration technologies and trends.
- Evaluate new integration technologies, services and solutions advocate for inclusion within the architecture and technology stack when it makes sense.
- Assist with incident response, troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and problem resolution.