We are seeking an experienced, skilled and dedicated VP Quality to join our team!
- Keen on joining a fast-growing tech scaleup company in Norway and helping millions of people think better?
- Do you want to be our guiding star and help ensure continued high quality of our products and production?
- Do you have background from developing and successfully implementing Quality Management frameworks and are you intrigued by the opportunity of taking Quality Management at reMarkable to the next level?
- Are you ready to join the exciting growth of a truly unique tech brand?
Apply now to the opportunity VP Quality in reMarkable!
reMarkable is a Norwegian tech company creating hardware and software products that help people all over the world find focus in a distracted world. We recently confirmed our status as Norway's latest unicorn, with more than 400 employees in Oslo and more than a million devices sold worldwide. In what feels like no time, we've gone from a small startup finding its way to being one of the fastest-growing companies in Europe.
Following the successful launch of the reMarkable 2, which was named one of TIME's top 100 inventions of 2020, and the Type Folio in 2023, we've set ourselves exciting growth and product development goals for the coming years.
About the role
Quality is the cornerstone of our products - from design, development, manufacturing, and all the way to the final products that end up in the hands of our customers. Ensuring quality in all aspects of what we design, develop, manufacture and deliver will continue to be one of our most important tasks as we continue to develop new innovative products and technologies and expand our operations globally.
As we have grown, our quality management framework and organization has developed over time and we are now ready to take it to the next level. And, that’s where you come in.
We are looking for a VP Quality to be our guiding star and play a central role in building a world-class quality organization that continues to deliver high quality innovation and products that our customers value so much!
As our new VP Quality you will be one of the leaders in our Supply Chain organization where you will be responsible for both
- Leading and further developing the existing Quality organization, ensuring the highest standards of quality and performance across our supply chain operations, and
- Playing a lead role in the development of our future Quality Management framework across reMarkable. You will be in a highly central position to define a target state of quality framework and ensure that quality standards and requirements are defined and reflected in quality strategies, processes, systems, mindset and culture across the entire company.
Your thought leadership, global mindset and experience in developing and implementing best practice quality management in the organization will contribute to our success in delivering exceptional products to our customers worldwide.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for someone with proven experience in quality management within product design, development and production/ manufacturing, and preferably from designing and successfully implementing quality management in your previous organization(s).
Ideally you have experience from a high-tech product development environment with global operations and outsourced manufacturing, however, if you have extensive experience and knowledge in the field from other industries we would also like to hear from you.
Is this the right opportunity for you?
To thrive in this role and take part in building reMarkable, we are looking for people that are ambitious and are intrigued by this exciting opportunity, are able to see the bigger picture, and that dares to bring forward new ideas and lead for change. You enjoy collaboration in a matrix organization, creating relationships and trust in your role across the organization. As a scale-up with rapid global growth, it is natural that our tasks and responsibilities continuously develop alongside this journey. You are flexible and enjoy the dynamic work environment.
If you have the relevant experience and knowledge and are eager and ready to take on this opportunity, we would very much like you to come onboard and be part of our exciting journey!
Lead and develop the reMarkable quality team and ensure quality performance in our supplier and manufacturing operations. This includes:
- Managing and overseeing the execution of quality in Operations to meet defined quality targets, including evaluating key quality metrics, performance indicators, and benchmarks, ensuring alignment with industry standards and customer expectations
- Root causing into quality-related issues, customer complaints, and nonconformities, implementing corrective and preventive actions to prevent recurrence.
- Defining the target state organizational design, roles and responsibilities, recruitment and training of roles.
Work closely with leaders across reMarkable organization in order to further develop a holistic quality management framework, including the product & production related quality strategies, policies, processes, systems, standards and metrics to ensure consistent product quality across all stages of development and manufacturing.
Establish a good understanding of reMarkable's value chain, relevant supplier and collaboration partners, as well as the experiences rM has gained so far with regard to suppliers and production globally.
Play a central role in building a strong and positive Quality Culture across the company and being an advocate of new ways of thinking, embracing new ideas and setting high standards in line with compliance expectations and leading industry quality standards.
- Eager and enthusiastic with a desire to make a positive impact at a growing tech company
- Entrepreneurial spirit, brave and energetic and willing to stand up to realize our ambitious vision
- Structured and fact-based, strongly strategic and action oriented
- Highly collaborative, excellent at building trust and strong relationships and knowing how to get stakeholders motivated, engaged and committed (accountability) for a common cause and goals
- Has extensive quality management experience (10+ years) from relevant industry
- Higher education / master degree in relevant field (i.e. Supply Chain, Engineering, Quality Management, Manufacturing), but relevant experience can compensate for master level education.
- Excellent communication skills with high proficiency in English. Norwegian is not a must, but is considered a bonus
- Willingness to travel internationally as required to visit manufacturing partners and participate in quality-related activities.