Sourcing and Partner Manager - Indirect sales
An exciting opportunity to be at the center of reMarkable’s continued success story
reMarkable is a Norwegian tech company on a mission to help people think better in a distracted world. We recently confirmed our status as Norway’s latest unicorn, with 400 employees in Oslo and a million devices sold worldwide. In what feels like no time, we've gone from a small startup finding its way to being one of the fastest-growing companies in Europe.
Following the successful launch of reMarkable 2, which was named one of TIME's top 100 inventions of 2020, we've set ourselves exciting growth and product development goals for 2023. To help us get there, we need new colleagues ready to make a real difference through their work – and that’s where you come in.
reMarkable has to date been selling primarily through remarkable.com, but has since 2020 been piloting physical retail and sales through partners. Now we are ready to take a leap, targeting to grow indirect sales into a key sales channel for the company. The work on setting up the supply chain and partners to handle goods and services to retailers has started. Several new partners are being onboarded and we are now looking for a Sourcing and Partner manager to handle sourcing and supplier management towards these and future partners.
Becoming a part of our Sourcing and Partner management team in Indirect Sales puts you right in the core of reMarkable and gives you an unique opportunity to add value and develop yourself. You will be instrumental for the success of our growth ambition at the same time as you support and enable our Sales and Operations teams to achieve their objectives together with our partners.
About the role
As a Sourcing and Partner Manager in Indirect Sales you will be given the responsibility to source, follow up and support the development of our partners and partner network related to our Indirect sales channel based on an overall strategy, e.g. distribution partners, representation firms, training and operations partners as some examples. You will have a broad interface and will manage stakeholders on all levels both internally and externally. Key elements of your responsibility will be sourcing of new partners, supplier relationship management, contract management and following up on performance to ensure that our Indirect sales partners contribute to achieving commercial and operational success for reMarkable. As this is a new area in reMarkable, you will also be required to set framework and structures as needed to run activities and operations as smoothly as possible.
The role is part of our Supply Chain department, and our Indirect Sales tribe.
The role’s key responsibilities will be to:
- Lead sourcing of partners needed to succeed with scaling our Indirect sales channel
- Manage and develop long-term supplier relationships and contracts with Indirect sales Partners in cooperation with our cross functional teams; e.g. Indirect sales team itself, Logistics, Operational planning and Finance
- Contribute to the development and operationalization of global sourcing and supplier strategies
- Maintain a good understanding of internal needs and priorities and seek ways of meeting these with the relevant Indirect sales Partners
- Responsible for supplier relationship management, follow up on supplier performance, and contract lifecycle management
- Drive the improvement agenda to develop our Indirect sales Partners towards performance targets and commercial excellence
- Lead all supplier negotiations and involve other internal stakeholders when relevant
- Serve as a point of escalation if Indirect sales Partners fails to meet agreed expectations
- Manage and develop our processes and way of working with suppliers to ensure quality and efficiency
- Contribute on initiatives within the wider Market and Supply Chain area when required