Senior Developer for Microsoft Integrations
Maritime Optima - a maritime office in your pocket
We established Maritime Optima AS in April 2018, and we are privately funded by serial tech entrepreneurs and supported by Innovation Norway. We were awarded the Copernicus price in 2018 and the Microsoft Startup program in October 2019. We are working closely with the users and some of the largest global shipping companies while developing our products. The first MVP of Maritime Optima (now ShipAtlas) was launched in August 2020. Today ShipAtlas has more than 85 000 registered users. In October 2022 we launched ShipIntel for maritime professionals and ShipIntel is growing rapidly.
We believe in knowledge driven maritime intelligence based on quality data. So in Maritime Optima, we’re building a software product for the shipping industry, which aids them to making more informed choices. This is mainly done through a solid data foundation and with manual enrichment by users, which they can share with colleagues. By presenting the data in an intuitive manner and making it possible to “play” with it, we give our customers the ability to utilise their company’s collective knowledge.
To build these products, we need a great team ourselves! Our team has both solid domain knowledge and skilled developers, and we are looking for an experienced Microsoft integrations developer that will strengthen our tech team.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a candidate with higher (3-5 years) relevant education and more than 4 years of relevant work experience. We want you to help us with technical and business choices, so communication skills and the ability to see/find tradeoffs between options is essential. You should have professional working proficiency in English, preferably also Norwegian.
Our backend consists primarily of Go code running in a Kubernetes cluster on Azure, backed by a Postgres database. Our frontend is built with React and React Native in a shared Typescript codebase. Our customers access Maritime Optima using our web client or native apps for iOS and Android. We have ambitions for deep integration with the Microsoft Office365 suite, Teams in particular. So far, we have made a Connector for Teams channels and a limited Teams app.
Candidates who can strengthen our ability to develop Microsoft Teams apps and integrations with other Microsoft office related products are expected to have experience with:
- Implementing single sign-on with the AAD Identity Provider
- Programming both frontend and backend against the Microsoft Graph API
- Implementing Teams apps
Useful but not critical qualifications that will strengthen your application:
- React/React Native ecosystem or similar frameworks
- Using Azure or another cloud provider
- Maintaining/using Docker and Kubernetes
- Good understanding of mobile devices and their limitations
- Go (or with an interest in learning it)
Of course, you don’t need to know all of this to apply! But you should have a desire to learn and grow with us.
What can we offer?
Since we are a startup, we won’t brag too much about what large companies have in place. However, we have an exciting tech environment, we work with innovative and new technologies, and we have complex problems to solve for the maritime industry. You will play a key part in helping the company grow, help shape the business and play a key part with the team in making key decisions etc.
In addition, we also offer
- Competitive terms, including insurance and pension schemes, and share options.
- As we scale there will be many career development opportunities
- Cross-disciplinary Scrum team.
- We organize internal professional evenings.
- We intend to organize meet-ups, conferences, and breakfast seminars.
- Located in friendly maritime premises in Vika Atrium.
- Free lunch and fascinating discussions. Free gym next door.
- Friendly social environment and a skilled team with high spirits.
If you find this of interest, we want to hear from you!