Senior full stack developer
Maritime Optima - a maritime office in your pocket
We established Maritime Optima AS in April 2018, and we are privately funded by serial tech entrepreneurs and supported by Innovation Norway. We were awarded the Copernicus price in 2018 and the Microsoft Startup program in October 2019. We are working closely with some of the largest global ship-owning communities while developing Maritime Optima.
We develop and distribute two software products:
- ShipIntel; A flexible and affordable team software for any company involved in maritime business.
- ShipAtlas; The one and only app for individuals and consumers interested in following ships
ShipAtlas was launched in August 2020 as an MVP product on the web. In February 2022, we had an integrated mobile and web store. In June 2022, we created a new mobile design; during the autumn of 2022, we created a new design on the web. Today, ShipAtlas has more than 200,000 users.
We launched ShipIntel in October 2022, and today ShipIntel offers 10 modules.
- Both products are based on real-time Big Data (AIS), and we use many exciting new technologies and algorithms to help maritime decision-makers make better decisions.
- Both products are born global.
- Both products are Freemium business concepts.
- Both products are growing rapidly.
- Both products are developed based on user feedback.
We are expanding our team and are looking for an experienced full-stack developer who wants to be part of an exciting and solid-funded maritime startup located in Oslo.
In Maritime Optima, we’re building a software product for the shipping industry, helping customers make more informed choices. This is mainly done through a solid data foundation and with manual enrichment by users, which they can share with teams. By intuitively presenting the data and making it possible to “play” with it, we give our customers the ability to utilize their company’s collective knowledge.
To build this software, we need a great team ourselves! Our team has solid domain knowledge and skilled developers, and we are looking for an experienced full-stack developer to strengthen our tech team.
Our backend consists primarily of Go code running in a Kubernetes cluster on Azure, backed by a Postgres database. Our frontend is built with React and React native. However, we like to look for better-suited tools and are curious and open to suggestions.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a candidate with higher (3-5 years) relevant education and more than 4 years of relevant work experience. You should have professional working proficiency in English, preferably also Norwegian.
We prefer a candidate with experience in:
- Go (or with an interest in learning it)
- Using and tuning SQL with large data sizes
- Maintaining/using Docker and Kubernetes
- Using Azure or another cloud provider
- Satellite data and map systems.
Of course, you don’t need to know all of this to apply! But you should have a desire to learn and grow with us.
What can we offer?
Since we are a startup, we won’t brag too much what large companies have in place. However, we have an exciting tech environment, we work with innovative and new technologies, and we have complex problems to solve for the maritime industry. You will play a key part in helping the company grow, help shape the business and play a key part with the team in making key decisions etc.
In addition, we also offer
- Competitive terms, including insurance and pension schemes, and share options.
- As we scale there will be many career development opportunities
- Cross-disciplinary Scrum team.
- We organize internal professional evenings.
- We intend to organize meet-ups, conferences, and breakfast seminars.
- Located in friendly maritime premises at Aker Brygge.
- Free lunch and fascinating discussions. Free gym at newly refurbished training rooms.
- Friendly social environment and a skilled team with high spirits.
If you find this of interest, we want to hear from you!