Senior Backend Developer - Actimo
Are you a skillful backend developer with experience building scalable applications with a high volume of users? Are you looking for an adventure that is meaningful and unique? If so, we have the job for you in the Kahoot! Group- join Actimo and help connect the disconnected!
Actimo is the employee app for the modern non- desk workforce, combining communication, training, and leadership tools into one cohesive platform. We’re part of the Kahoot! Group and together, we work to create innovative solutions for employee engagement that redefine corporate learning across the globe. We offer secure, personal, tailored and integrated services and more than 200 leading brands have trusted us to engage their 1 M+ of employees in 80+ countries.
As a backend developer at Actimo, you will be part of the site reliability team, which supports the overall platform, having performance and stability as main concerns, as well as modernizing and expanding the scope of our tech stack.
The work at the company is organized in cross-functional product teams and together with your teammates, you will be responsible for platform reliability, performance improvements and overall development experience.
Check out our new Kahoot! Tech Blog where we will be sharing a series of articles contributed by members of our Engineering team.
The company’s HQ is in Oslo, Norway, but this position can be located in Denmark or Spain.
As a Backend Developer, you will:
- Work with the rest of the backend people to design, build/evolve and maintain a robust, secure, and flexible global platform
- Work with the platform team to help enhance our server technologies and deployment processes
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Take care of the development process from idea to production deployment and monitoring of our platform
- Be involved in pager duty shifts to support possible platform issues
- 4+ years experience as a Backend developer
- Experience with building scalable, high- performance backend services
- BSc Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Ability to lead a server-side project through the entire software lifecycle
- A commitment to high automated test coverage and clean code
- Experience with TypeScript and Node.js
- Experience with SQL (MySQL)
- Experience using Amazon Web Services
Nice To have:
- AWS CDK development experience
- Bash scripting
Skills required for a remote position:
- Co-leadership (self discipline)
- A demonstrated ability to work independently and stay focused
- Effective (digital) communication skills (written and oral)
- Proper time-management
- The ability to collaborate remotely with others
- A competitive compensation package
- Share option plan
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Home broadband allowance
- Mobile subscription
- Lunch contribution
- Hybrid work set up
- Flexible working
- Buddy program
- Social and company events (virtual and in person)
- A diverse, friendly and international environment
- Modern office in central Copenhagen
The Kahoot! Group is on a mission to make learning awesome! We want to empower everyone, including children, students, and employees to unlock their full learning potential. Our Kahoot! learning platform makes it easy for any individual or corporation to create, share, and host learning sessions that drive compelling engagement.
Launched in 2013, Kahoot!’s vision is to build the leading learning platform in the world. Since launch, Kahoot! has hosted hundreds of millions of learning sessions with more than 9 billion participants (non-unique) in more than 200 countries and regions. The Kahoot! Group includes Clever, the leading US K-12 EdTech learning platform, together with the learning apps DragonBox, Poio, Drops, Actimo, Motimate, and Whiteboard.fi.
The Kahoot! Group is headquartered in Oslo, Norway, with offices in the US, the UK, France, Finland, Estonia, Denmark, Spain and Poland. The Kahoot! Group is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange under the ticker KAHOT. To learn more, visit us at kahoot.com, and let’s play!
At the Kahoot! Group we champion a positive culture of collaborative learning and innovation. With a global team of more than 500 employees representing over 50 different nationalities, we’re a diverse and fun bunch of people! We work hard and celebrate our wins, tackle challenges with original ideas and learn something new every day.
We are driven by our mission and guided by our values: playful, curious and inclusive.
If you talk to anyone working in the Kahoot! Group, they will tell you that one of the greatest perks is being able to see how the work you do puts a smile on the face of kids, teachers and learners all around the world.