Kahoot! is looking for a Data Engineer to strengthen our Data team.
If you enjoy working with big datasets, a modern cloud-based stack and have passion for solving data problems at scale, then we would like to hear from you!
Kahoot! is on a mission to make learning awesome! We want to empower everyone, including children, students, and employees to unlock their full learning potential. Our learning platform makes it easy for any individual or corporation to create, share, and host learning sessions that drive compelling engagement.
Launched in 2013, Kahoot!’s vision is to build the leading learning platform in the world. Since launch, Kahoot! has hosted hundreds of millions of learning sessions with 8 billion participants (non-unique) in more than 200 countries and regions. The Kahoot! Group includes Clever, the leading US K-12 EdTech learning platform, together with the learning apps DragonBox, Poio, Drops, Actimo, Motimate, and Whiteboard.fi.
The Kahoot! Group is headquartered in Oslo, Norway with offices in the US, the UK, France, Finland, Estonia, Denmark, Spain and Poland. To learn more, visit us at kahoot.com. Let’s play!
At Kahoot! we champion a positive culture of collaborative learning and innovation. With a team of more than 500 employees representing 50 different nationalities, we’re a diverse and fun bunch of people! We work hard and celebrate our wins, tackle challenges with original ideas and learn something new every day.
We’ve been growing steadily over the past year and joined forces with Actimo, Dragonbox, Poio, Drops, Whiteboard, Motimate and Clever. As a group, we’re on a mission to make learning awesome together.
The values guiding us are: we are playful, we are curious and we are inclusive!
We’re looking for a Data Engineer to maintain and develop our data pipelines as well as our data warehouse. You’ll be working closely with both Engineers and Data Analysts to make high quality data available for decision making, so that we can make a positive impact on learning worldwide.
You will report to the Data Engineer Lead based in Oslo, Norway.
We offer a consulting agreement (B2B contract) for this role.
What you’ll do
- Working as part of our Data Team, you’ll be responsible for building and developing our data warehouse
- Maintain and create new ETLs and API connections to integrate datasets in our data warehouse
- Ensure compliance with data governance (high quality and secure datasets)
- Build data products
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A degree in a computing-related subject
- 3-5 years experience in a similar position
- Good knowledge of Java
- Proficient using SQL
- Proficient using Python and bash
- Experience setting up ETL processes
- Experience connecting APIs into data warehouses
- Experience using orchestration frameworks (Airflow, Prefect, Argo…)
- Familiarity with BI tools (Looker, Tableau, Thoughtspot)
- Familiarity with DevOps, CI/CD and container-based workflows
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Experience building ML models (Scikit-learn, Tensorflow…)
- Experience with tools like dbt
- Familiarity with Cloud Platforms (GCP, AWS, Cloud Storage)
Here are some of the benefits we provide to our team members:
- A competitive compensation package
- A fast growing environment
- An informal, fun and driven culture
- Social and company events (virtual and in person)
We look forward to hearing from you!