Senior Backend Developer Norway/Poland
Are you a skillful backend developer with experience building scalable backend services used by a worldwide community? Are you looking for an adventure that is meaningful and unique? If so, Kahoot! has got the job for you!
This role is based in Poland, we have amazing offices both in Krakow and Wroclaw and can't wait to welcome you onboard!
As a backend developer at Kahoot!, you will be part of the team that builds and maintains all server-side systems for our learning platform. We are a multinational team of 14 developers who develop the systems that enable our users to create and play learning content that is used by a worldwide community of teachers and trainers to make learning awesome!
You will be reporting to the Engineering Manager - Backend located in Norway.
Check out our new Kahoot! Tech Blog where we will be sharing a series of articles contributed by members of our Engineering team.
- Work with the rest of the backend team to design, build and maintain a robust, secure, and flexible global platform
- Work with the product teams to help deliver new features and innovations
- Work with the platform team to help enhance our server technologies and deployment processes
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Take care of the development process from idea to production deployment and monitoring of our platform
- 4+ years experience as a Backend developer
- Experience with building scalable, high-performance backend services
- BSc Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Ability to lead a server-side project through the entire software lifecycle
- A commitment to high automated test coverage and clean code
- Experience with Java/Kotlin
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud service providers (eg. Google Cloud Platform or Amazon Web Services
Nice to have:
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- A fast-growing, international environment with an informal, fun but driven culture
- Autonomy and flexibility
- Remote onboarding
- Private healthcare
- Pension contribution
- Gym membership
- Hybrid - remote work setup
- Flexible working
- Buddy program
- Social and company events (virtual and in-person)
The Kahoot! Group is on a mission to make learning awesome! We want to empower everyone, including children, students, and employees to unlock their full learning potential. Our Kahoot! learning platform makes it easy for any individual or corporation to create, share, and host learning sessions that drive compelling engagement.
Launched in 2013, Kahoot!’s vision is to build the leading learning platform in the world. Since launch, Kahoot! has hosted hundreds of millions of learning sessions with more than 9 billion participants (non-unique) in more than 200 countries and regions. The Kahoot! Group includes Clever, the leading US K-12 EdTech learning platform, together with the learning apps DragonBox, Poio, Drops, Actimo, Motimate, and Whiteboard.fi.
The Kahoot! Group is headquartered in Oslo, Norway, with offices in the US, the UK, France, Finland, Estonia, Denmark, Spain and Poland. The Kahoot! Group is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange under the ticker KAHOT. To learn more, visit us at kahoot.com, and let’s play!
At the Kahoot! Group we champion a positive culture of collaborative learning and innovation. With a global team of more than 500 employees representing over 50 different nationalities, we’re a diverse and fun bunch of people! We work hard and celebrate our wins, tackle challenges with original ideas and learn something new every day.
We are driven by our mission and guided by our values: playful, curious and inclusive.
If you talk to anyone working in the Kahoot! Group, they will tell you that one of the greatest perks is being able to see how the work you do puts a smile on the face of kids, teachers and learners all around the world.