Are you an experienced Fullstack Engineer with a passion for livestreaming and sports? Are you interested in working at a fast growing startup? Do you like working with cloud technologies? Do you have a positive attitude and the willingness to roll up your sleeves? Would you like to work in an environment where your opinion matters?
If so – keep reading!
Joymo has ambitions of becoming the largest direct-to-fan OTT platform for sports in the world. As a Fullstack Engineer you will be central to making the JoymoTV platform a complete system for livestreaming sports, accessible to clubs and organizations at all levels.
Joymo – who are we?
JoymoTV is a direct-to-fan OTT platform that empowers sports rights owners and sporting events at all levels to build a unique viewer arena for their content. By building a large and engaged community of fans and by unlocking invaluable data insights, this ensures that the value of their rights is commercially maximized.
Joymo’s livestreaming platform enables any sporting organization to stream all their events, sell subscriptions or pay-per-view (PPV) tickets for those events and generate income. The events are filmed using our Joymo Share app (available on iOS and Android app stores) or by connecting one’s own camera to our platform. Joymo also helps in scheduling these events for livestream, which is then automatically saved as video-on-demand (VOD) after a livestream ends, so that fans and viewers can watch it later.
We are storytellers, promoters and champions of the sports community. We reach for the stars, and while doing that, we try to be playful, responsible and deliver results with haste. Diversity and inclusion are a central element of our culture and values, and we are looking to add a person of integrity, passion and talent to complement our stellar team.
Today we are a team of about 12 people located at Oslo Science Park, and we are growing fast!
The role – objective and purpose
We are in an early scaleup phase where we are trying to build the future of livestreaming in a component-driven manner that scales. As a Fullstack Engineer you will have the opportunity to design and build components of the architecture to support video ingest, processing, and delivery systems. Your work would also help in building many social interaction features and finance-related subscription services.
We are agile and we work in hybrid weekly sprint-cycles with CI/CD. Our solutions are built in technologies such as Amazon Web Services (API Gateway, Lambda, IoT Core, S3, CloudFormation, MediaLive), Google Cloud Platform, Node.js, TypeScript and Angular 10, but we would love for your suggestions!
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Develop, test, and maintain web applications using Firebase, AWS, Angular, node.js/ Typescript, and other modern web technologies.
- Design and develop new scalable services and APIs to support our products and tools.
- Work closely with engineering, design, and leadership to solve business problems.
- Integration with 3rd party tools including, CRM, Payment, reporting and analytics.
- Contribute your experience to architectural discussions of the JoymoTV platform.
- Continuously improve the performance and scalability of the JoymoTV platform for global expansion
- Stay up-to-date with the latest web development trends, tools, and technologies related to live video streaming.
- Write clean, modern, testable, well-documented code for each iteration.
- Participate in code reviews, technical discussions, and other team activities.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who, perhaps, prefers working a little more in the backend rather than the frontend part of the stack. For us, it is important that this person has more than 3 years of experience as a software engineer. Ideally, you have experience with node.js / Typescript or are fully competent with another JS framework. It is an added advantage if you have experience with microservices and are familiar with its principles and practices.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience in node.js/TypeScript (or fully competent in another framework) and other modern web technologies.
- Experience with AWS desired (MediaLive, API Gateway, Lambda, IoT Core, S3, CloudFormation, and other AWS services)
- Experience with Firebase desired (Firebase Authentication, Cloud Firestore, Cloud Functions, Cloud Storage, and other Firebase services)
- Preferably worked with micro-services and familiar with its principles and practices
- Flexible with different frameworks and workflows, with a willingness to learn new technologies.
- Comfortable using agile methodologies and (Git) workflows.
- A good understanding of web application scalability/performance issues and are experienced in the use of asynchronous processing and other mitigation practices.
- Fluency in English, written and spoken and ability to confidently communicate daily with teammates to understand and deliver on technical requirements.
Why join joymo.tv?
At Joymo, we encourage everyone to have an opinion. We foster a culture of openness and inclusivity to do our best to facilitate open discussions in terms of technologies used, strategy, and our product(s). Logic prevails in all our discussions.
We have a vision for the next 10 years. Coming in as an engineer right now, you will be working in a role where you will have an extremely high impact on both the product(s) and the direction of the company. We have global ambitions and are expanding internationally as we speak, so here you will have enormous opportunities to make an impact on how sports are streamed both in Norway and internationally.
Other key positives:
- The product: Video and livestreaming is a super exciting field, and we have only seen the beginning of it.
- Diversity: A work environment with Welsh, Irish, Indian, Norwegian, South African, Venezuelan, Algerian, and Ukrainian nationalities.
- Employee satisfaction: Last aptitude score was 56. People very much value the high transparency and the very flat hierarchy.
- Culture: Friendly, open and transparent.
- Technology: All new code in a modern tech stack and cloud-based technologies. We are agile.
- Flexibility: A very flexible company with a healthy mix of remote working and office days.
Next step to joining joymo’s team!
If what you have read up to now sounds exciting, please feel free to apply for this position via the apply button. Please note that this is not a fully remote position and we are looking for candidates who are willing to relocate to Oslo.